Sunday, July 21, 2013
If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.
The story of my life. Starting things and at times not finishing things. I came across this on Pinterest while 30,000 feet above. At this point I had had a long day filled with meetings in Cape Town. Woke up super early at 4am to make my super early flight.
The day was filled with so many meetings and catch up sessions such that I hardly had time to eat decently since morning. It was so easy to fall off the bandwagon and in the process I helped myself to a Snickers chocolate bar and Kit Kat plus some chips! #Yummymummydrama! Only thing I managed to do right was to have two bottles of water!
At this point I had almost given up on my healthy eating plan and had decided I'd just have more chocolate and start over tomorrow and then of course the poster with the message happened. I have come to realize that so many times as humans we give up easily when faced with a challenge (equating not eating chocolate to a challenge yes). Challenges will happen all the time but we need to continue pressing on. Funny how the guilt of eating chocolate can bring about such deep thoughts.
With this in mind I decided that I'd have a healthy dinner once I had arrived home which I eventually did! Instead of starting over eating proper The next day I decided that I would end the day having consumed something of nutritional benefit. I decided that I'd plan better when traveling next time around to ensure I stay on the healthier type of meals and snacks.
I have a few tips for those that are always on the move and have hectic schedules, I hope that these will help all those watching what they eat particularly the Yummy mummies out there that are trying to lose weight.
1. Always carry healthy snacks to snack on in between meetings. These can range from peanuts to fruits such as apples or small yoghurt. These fit easily in most handbags;)
2. Try always carry a bottle of 500ml of water and stayed hydrated versus going for the sugar filled juices and carbonated drinks, it's ok to indulge once in a while but of course this won't help your weight loss.
3. If you are traveling away from home overnight it's so easy to end up off your eating plan or exercise regime. My suggestion is always find out if the hotel you are traveling to has a gym available so that you can exercise away from home or if the area you are staying is safe to go for a run. Try and also ensure you opt for the healthier options on the food menu's most places have the healthy option so pick those and don't use the trip away as an excuse for stuffing yourself silly with the wrong type of foods.
4. If you are traveling for an extended time try and find what the local versions of the type of foods (food market with fresh foods) you normally eat are and try those and stick to those. It's hectic I know but that would help you avoid gaining the bulk.
Most importantly never give up what you have started i.e. eating healthy and keep pressing on coz you will get there whether its sooner or later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just what I needed to hear. Starting over constantly is never easy. You look at everyone around you and how they have hot summer bodies and you think I'm doing everything right or at least trying, but it seems I'm stuck in the same place and nothing is happening. I felt really demotivated and a little depressed and was sooo ready to just GIVE UP! These words of encouragement sure came at the right time.
ReplyDeleteGlad I could help Pretty lady:)
ReplyDeleteMazvi your blog has inspired me.. even here in Kenya i have been struggling to start again! thanks for this!!!!!! love it
ReplyDeleteSands Thanks so much, keep at it! its so tough but don't give up:)you have to keep at it if you want to see some change.
ReplyDelete