Sunday, July 7, 2013

Keeping it Real - 6 July 2013


So we’re officially in the second half of the year and we’re in the peak of the African winter! Its super cold and such a challenge to get up in the morning and go out and gym, equally challenging in the evenings as you want to come home and relax after a long hard day at work. I have decided that I have to keep at it and cannot and will not make excuses. You have to exercise frequently and for extended periods if you want to shed off those extra kilos.  A 30 minute sweat at the gym three times a week just won’t facilitate weight loss. So my plan for the next couple of months is to try out four to five sessions of endurance training for an hour at a time.

Keeping up is always a challenge but if you have a gym buddy or buddies that encourage you its always a plus as this keeps you motivated. While I made it to the gym, I wasn’t as motivated as I normally am but managed to do a great deal than my usualJ . The total gym session lasted a whole hour and thirty minutes, 90 minutes to be precise so I’m super happy with my efforts.

My workout included;

10 minutes warm up on the treadmill

30 minute cycle on cycling machine

20 minutes on the stepper machine

30 minutes of the killer ab class
 
I felt a whole lot better post my workout, super energised considering I’d been down and out with the flu in the last couple of days. My lesson; you have to be willing to put in the extra time if you want results, nothing comes easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment