It’s been a very tough last
couple of weeks, hectic deadlines and sleepless nights spent working. Naturally
with the cold weather I’ve been avoiding the gym like the plague and opting to
head straight home and catch up with work into the late night. The juggling act
from career woman to Wifey and being the best Mother is always tough. Because
of the hectic hours I prioritised spending more time with my son in the evening
so he could have his fair share of Mommy time, and this meant cutting out gym,
which I easily did.
Just as I had given up on my gym
routine I was reminded that summer bodies are made in winter! This meant I had
to get back on track and get into my gym routine if I wanted to be in shape by
the time summer came. I managed to pack up my gym bag on Monday and put this in
my car unfortunately I went the whole week without going to the gym until
today! I had decided today was D day as the week had been hectic plus I had
indulged in a bit of Phuza Thursday drinks at a corporate dinner and I knew I
had packed on the calories and had to do something about it!
I decided to up the ante and do
some cardio with some leg and arm weights, these had been gathering dust for
some time now so I was quite happy to bring them out. I managed to do a 60
minute cardio work out which included 3 sets of 10 minute jogs on the treadmill
alternating the speed at every minute between 5.5 and 9.5 speed levels, managed
to burn off an odd 200 kilo-caloriesJ.
I then proceeded to do the stepper for 10 minutes and ended the workout with
some rowing and it was awesome! My energy levels were back up, finally! I’m
determined to keep at it and hopefully by the time summer arrives I’ll be
looking the part!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment