Friday, June 28, 2013

Keeping it Real - 11 June


There's nothing quite letting off some steam after a hard day of work. Today was a particularly challenging day with loads of meetings and decisions to be made, by the time the end of the day I was super exhausted but decided that a gym trip was necessary considering that it had been about two days since my last visit.

 

Today I was in a Pop Rock Contemporary mood so my playlist included Simply Red, A bit of Michael Jackson and for the cooling down training a bit of Cliff Richard, my playlist was simply old school and I loved it!

 

To kick start my work out I did a 20 minute run on the treadmill for 2.2kms at an average speed of 8.5km an hour.

4 sets of 20 arm circles

50 arm raisers with Stability ball

 

5 sets of 10 second planks

40 arm raisers with 2kg dumbbells

50 sit ups

20 star leg and hand raisers

20 calf raisers at 30kgs
 

 

10 calf raisers at 22.5kgs

10  90 degree leg raisers

10 minutes on the stepper

 My work out was just over an hour but it was just what I needed after a long day in the office. My day felt complete as I left the busy gym headed for home, I was relaxed and didn't feel as tense as I had when I walked into the gym, the happy hormones were at play :)

No comments:

Post a Comment