It’s Fabulous February this
month! Super excited as it is my birthday month and it is the month of love! So
far so good, my fitness resolutions are going according to plan, and the
fitness plan has started with a bang in Feb. Special shout out to Papa J for
completing his first Warrior race challenge on the first of Feb. 18 kilometres
of the very tough black ops challenge! Well done Papa J! #Superproud! I am certain that I
probably would not have lasted through all those challenges….one day is one
day!
January saw me commencing with my
new training programme at Dream Body Fitness, it had been a while since I had
been there. I started my detox week mid - January and had to do my 7 days of no
carbs, no dairy and no sugar! That was tough but managed to detox and came out
2kgs lighter. The purpose though of the detox is exactly that, to clear out the
system and start getting the fat burning process going. I survived a whole week
of veggie eating and meat eating and egg eating and I must say it wasn’t as bad
as I thought it would be but I sure am glad that I am on phase 2 of the plan
which still is sugar free but allows me to have fruit, carbs and dairy and also
has 2 days of nutritional holidays during the week.
For the month of February I have
decided to challenge myself and do more as the saying goes ‘if it doesn’t challenge
you, it doesn’t change you”.
Last month I had a 50km running challenge
which I managed to complete by mid- January so this month I have opted to
increase the running challenge to at least 60km and be consist in my gym work
outs with no excuses given (Thanks to Papa J I know that certain fitness levels
are possible if you keep your mind to it). This is a tough one as I am fully
back at work and there are always too few hours in a day to do all the things I
would like to. That said, I will continue pressing on….that’s always the key
thing with any fitness journey to keep at it despite the challenges.
Being a working mom and fitting
in a fitness regime is a challenge I can attest to, but I have learnt to always
make a plan and I hope that you do too despite the everyday job and home life
that also need attention. What will you do differently this month to improve
your fitness levels??? Wishing all the yummy mummies out there a Fabulous Feb!
No comments:
Post a Comment