Happy New Year! Something about a New
Year that brings about new goals and new plans all in the form of new year’s
resolutions. As usual, one of my resolutions is always to keep fit and do
better from a fitness perspective than the previous year. As a result of my
knee injury I wasn’t so enthusiastic about gyming or doing my normal runs as
yet although I had gone through my recovery period. I was reluctant to start
any form of exercise until l came across an interesting status update on a
friend’s Facebook page and I had some motivation to get moving. In a nutshell,
Nigel couldn’t have said it better. He said “In life you have to show up for
ish. SHOW UP and let God. Action pays not wishing. Stop waiting”.
Here I was wishing that I’d love to have
a well-toned up body and fit into one of my older LBD’s in a smaller size, but
there is no way that can happen if there is no action or showing up to my gym
sessions. Action in the form of eating right and exercising and showing up in
the form of physically going to the gym or starting a run. I decided that I’d
start my fitness plan the very next day despite the day being a Saturday. I
decided that the longer I’d take to start, the more excuses I would come up
with. I managed to get a knee guard thanks to Papa J and on the 4th
day of the First month in the year two thousand and fourteen I got back into
the fitness gameJ
The run went better than expected, it
was an early morning run before the sun was up and I had Beyoncé playing on my
playlist #Flawless. From the moment I
took my first step I didn’t stop, my run was awesome! I managed a 10km run in
just about an hour which was my personal best. I am hoping to maintain this
level going forward. This wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t take any action to
start. Nigel’s life lesson can be applied to basically anything in life, if you
sit and wish and take no action nothing will happen, life is all about getting
out of your comfort zone and trying out new things…..taking action.
With the above in mind, the diet plan in
our household has been adjusted…..not a single bit of junk food in our house (Sorry
People). This in the hope of curbing the unhealthy snacks we sometimes tend to
have. We’ve substituted the junk with fruits and vegetables and from the looks
of things the Foodlovers market will be our favourite spot soon. Our household
is quite the sporty one so eating right is important to us……particularly our
new trail athletes in the form of Papa J and his team.
As we get into the New Year I certainly
hope that we all keep the positive attitude we have and work towards the
resolutions we’ve all made and take action to make things happen. 2014, let’s
do this!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment