Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week 2 - Dream Body Fitness

I used to think I knew my stuff when it came to gyming properly but boy was I wrong. I started week 2 of my training for the Dream Body Fitness program with a 30 minute training session every alternate day, I eagerly received the training program which I thought was way too simple as it was something I was used to doing. It turns out I wasn't quite doing those push-ups, squats and crunches quite right. After the first session with the fitness Marshall I was aching all over! I remembered my similar experience a couple of months back with Gerald one of the personal trainers at Virgin, this was just as bad!

I however managed to gel into the program in that week and it has become easier thanks to the help from the fitness coaches that are always assisting from the moment you walk in to the time you complete your work out. With week 2 came a new eating plan...whoop whoop, I am now able to eat fruit but certain fruits so long as these are not high in sugar and finally I can at least have some carbs in the morning and have nutritional holidays on 2 days of the week.

Its amazing how I have become so aware of what certain foods can do to my weight just by going through phase 1 of the eating plan, in week 1 alone I lost 3.5kg just by cutting out sugar and carbs. In week 2 I have also managed to lose some fat but at the same time I have gained muscle which I am told is a good thing........I on the other hand could only picture myself with massive muscle and freaked out when the fitness coach assured me I would not look like a body builder!

Week two also had some challenges as there was a public holiday, more specifically braai day in between.....you all know a braai ain't a braai without some meat, potato salad, rolls and some good old traditional sadza! I couldn't help but help myself to a little. With the guilt of munching down I eventually managed to stick to my program and maintained the clean eating for the rest of that week.

I am happy to report that I am still going strong with my salad or veggie eating even now as I am in week 3. I am starting to see the result of 'clean eating'!






Its not easy cutting out the food we love such as the sweet treats but clean eating will definitely give you the result that you want. as hard as it is it always pays of but most importantly it requires a lot of discipline! I walked into a bakery this afternoon for my lunch break full of treats.



I am happy to say that I didn't go buck wild and order a storm and munch the treats down. I am soldiering on on this very tough journey but I can't wait to see the result weeks from now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment