Thursday, March 27, 2014

#100Happy days - Thought Diaries

I have come to the realisation that I suffer from FOMO….Fear Of Missing Out, or maybe I am just a liker of things, I choose the latter. Being the social networker that I am, I recently came across the hashtag #100Happydays and being the curious one I decided to find out what it was all about.

I soon discovered that it was basically a photo journal (on Instagram) for a hundred days showing what makes you happy or what keeps you going on a daily basis. I even discovered that there is website dedicated to this #100happy days phenomena http://100happydays.com/  I guess in my mind I’m like better this than the Nek Nominations that did the rounds the other month.

Going through the hashtag goes to show how much we as human beings seek happiness, through other people, through things and through life experiences. The ultimate goal is to be happy and stay happy but is this really possible in the world we live in? I started this challenge a couple of days ago and I must say it is a challenge indeed to be happy all day with so many daily pressures.

What is this hashtag teaching me? (yes, there’s a lesson to everything, well that’s what I think anyway…). Despite all that happens in a day there will always be at least one thing in a day that makes a person smile and have at least one happy moment and for that one moment we need to be grateful.

In today’s fast paced world, it is so easy to overlook the little things that keep us happy. Many times we are not grateful for the basics that we have and we are constantly looking out for more other than appreciating what is there, call it human nature if you like. We even need a hashtag to prove we can be happy for so long…..

So, what is my point…be grateful on a daily basis because there always will be something to be grateful for, be happy in the moment, live in the now and appreciate each day with its joys and challenges, for tomorrow is not always guaranteed J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment